5th August 1951

22

I have had the most unbelievable two weeks. I daren’t write them down. But they have been so exciting. Frank and I have seen each other almost every day. At first I was very wary about it looking odd that I spent so much time out and about, but no-one has noticed anything! As long as you have your wits about you, things can carry on as normal, and no-one is any the wiser in this town. I have had to be careful walking to and from Frank’s but I always take the back streets. I think I’m getting quite good at covering my tracks.

I know I should feel bad about all this sneaking about, but it’s so exciting! I can’t wait to see Frank again! Every day is an adventure! I love him so much.

PS Still not talked to George about the job at Longton. I was all ready to believe I’d missed my chance but I saw the advert for ‘girls wanted’, in a window of a shop in town, so I know there are still positions available. Thank goodness!